Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Backstitching Blues.....

I thought I would show a picture of the backstitch on the dragon. It is sooo boring! I'm halfway through it now, but I am so tired of dragon scales, LOL! I do love the detail the backstitching is bringing out but I can't wait till it's completely done! Hopefully I can finish it this week and put him away till my "finishing" day when he becomes a pillow for my son.

To break up the monotony of the dragon and all my other BAP's I decided to start something new. This is a Valentine freebie from the Wiehenburg samler yahoo group. It's a heart shape but done band sampler style. I love it but when I first seen it I just didn't think it belonged in a frame. So I decided to try to "shabby" it up. I'm doing it on 14ct oatmeal aida (ewww) I have some red & tan gingham check fabric in my stash so I'm going to make a toss pillow out of that and then sew this to the front and fray out the edges, then I'm going to add a big red button to each corner. I'm shooting for the "shabby chic" look..lol, we'll see how it comes out.

I would also like to give a big THANK YOU to all the ladies in my yahoo group for keeping me accountable with my stitching and making me stick to my stash diet. I've got 3 done and 7 more to go until I reach my first 10 finishes and they are doing VERY well at keeping me on track. So thank you ladies...my hubby's wallet is loving you right about now!
In more personal news, my oldest son finally got his cast on Wednesday. He chose the color blue and has been carrying a sharpie marker everywhere with him. I don't think he could fit one more name on it anywhere! LOL
On Saturday he decided he could ride his bike with the cast and did really well until I turned my back. He ended up crashing his bike and getting a bad case of road rash. He tore up one knee, the elbow right above the cast and his entire hand of his good arm! He stood up and all I saw was blood dripping down the cast and blood dripping from his other hand. It was a nasty crash and now he's terrified to even walk out the front door! He keeps telling me that every time he moves something bad happens! LOL
My youngest son is going through the "I want a cast too" stage. He's been trying so hard to break something.....climbing trees, skateboarding off the porch, jumping off the back deck....sheesh! He's making me pull out my hair! I keep telling him that the more he tries the less likely it is to happen....he doesn't listen, LOL!
Anyway, hope everyone is happy & healthy and stitching like mad!
Hugs to all!
Fraz

17 comments:

  1. The backstitching for the scales really makes a difference!

    Ahh... all I can say is "Boys will be boys!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can remember when I was younger trying to break my arm, but I could never hit it hard enough. Then a couple of years ago, I slipped over and broke my ankle without even trying! Not much fun as an adult. Keep up with the backstitching, it is bringing out the detail beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the backstitching on the scales really brings them out. Keep in there on it, I think the final product will really pop because of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing a small dragon at the moment and most of it was 1/2 stitches and so much backstitch.....am really tired of looking at black backstitching, just as well I love dragons or this one would have ended up in the dungeon before now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dragon will be great when you're done with that backstitching so don't give up now! GO!!!!!

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that dragon.
    Your poor son. I have two grandsons and I am sure one will be in a cast at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching looks great. And kids will never learn lol expecially boys lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dragon is coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful dragon, and I LOVE that heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have come along way on the dragon! It looks great! And the I think the heart is going to look great all 'shabby chic'! I hope your oldest is feeling better and your youngest has given up on breaking his arm. He will have his trun soon enough! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. The backstitching really makes it stand out, but I can see how it would get boring. I like the new wip. It will make a great pillow. Oh your poor son. Hope he heals up quickly and doesn't get hurt again for a very long time.
    DLS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dragon looks great! I hope your son takes it easy for awhile!
    Heidi-ILCS

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some great goodies for your exchanges..enjoy stitching with those goodies.
    Good luck to your son..hope he heals soon.
    The dragon is coming along nicely.
    I like that Valentine heart you are doing.
    Its beautiful.
    How about a flatfold for it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Life sure is exciting at your house, Mary! Hope your DS heals quickly, poor thing! Love the stitching. Congrats for staying on the stash diet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The backstitching really makes it pop and is well worth the time and effort! My kids never had a broken bone, but it must be a pain to have a cast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow amazing well done mary
    hugs kay x

    ReplyDelete