Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A few exchanges and a BIG RAK!

We recently did an exchange in my group KraftersKorner for a Christmas ornament...my partner, Mary A, sent me this cute little snowman ornie. It's done on plastic and backed with felt...this has got to be one of the cutest ideas I've ever seen! His skinny little arms and legs are made from white cording...I just love it! Thank you so much Mary!
Next is another exchange I received from Katie from another one of my groups, the stitcherhood. We did a card and floss exchange and she sent me this cute little card and even made it into a ornament so I can hang it on my tree. The picture just doesn't do it justice! Katie's stitching is perfect! I just wish mine would look as good as hers! I love this little mouse and he will have a branch just for him on my tree. Thank you Katie!
Next is a huge surprise from my friends Carrie and Rog. Some of you may have heard that my family has been going through a rough patch financially and Carrie graciously offered to help with my sons birthday this month because I am unable to do anything for him this year. Well, Carrie and Rog sent him a big box filled with a sweatshirt and tee shirts all with a rock star theme, which he will absolutely love! And a big stack of his favorite books too! He will have an awesome birthday!
But there was even more in the box.....I recently had to pull out of two exchanges due to our financial situation. Carrie sent me a card and inside was a wonderful note that brought tears to my eyes. She said she didn't want me to go without an exchange and sent me one anyway. I was in shock! The picture does not show everything she sent, but needless to say....I was literally brought to tears by her generosity. The blue velvet stocking was filled with all kinds of goodies including some six strand sweets floss and mill hill charms, a 2010 calandar and lots of other items.

Carrie, I don't know how you always know when I'm feeling down, but you never fail to amaze me. I am so blessed to have found such a wonderful friend and I thank God that He's brought you into my life. If the world only had more people like you and Rog and your generous hearts it would be a much better place. Thank you for being my friend and giving me a shoulder to cry on. You are an angel in disguise.
Hugs to all and happy stitching!


6 comments:

  1. Mary, first off, you are deserving of all this and more. You brighten my life just by being a part of it.
    Carrie, second off, you are so caring and so sweet. I have always appreciated you for your dear soul and your frankness when needed.
    Both of you (and your special others in your lives) make life so much better that you are in it!
    I love the ornament. It is sooooo cute!
    Mary, things will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, that snowman is just sooo darn adorable it's unbelievable! As is mouse with the candy kane, just just too adorable for words, you can see how much work went into them by both those lovely stitchers, Mary in Texas right? and Katie, both wonderful wonderful stitchers and awesomely sweet ladies I adore! As for the stuff I sent you, honey like Donna said, and my card said, you do and do and never with enough thanks, and very few of us know you as I do and know how much I wanna be someone as special as you are when I grow up and be as thankless as you are, as you've taught me so much and continue too every day, and I love you for it, and if I can help in any way, I'll always jump at the chance to help, any any way, but for to see you smile, even if it brings tears, it's worth it to know you too got appreciated for being the wonderful you ...YOU are. I'll always be here for you honey, I hope you know that! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary ~ He is just too cute for words. I love him!
    Take care and God Bless ~
    Lenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice exchanges and that was so nice of her to send you something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet post from caring friends. Stitching friends are the best! Cute ornies & raks.

    ReplyDelete