Friday, July 31, 2009

A new start and a tiny finish!

I started a new project the other day. It's called "Halloween" and is a freebie from I thought it would make a great little pillow top, so my plan is to do the chart and then put it in a round robin and have people stitch little halloween motifs under it. I'm using some 14ct aida that I dyed myself. The picture doesn't do the fabric's more of a lighter purple with a few variations through out. For some reason the picture made the fabric look darker than what it actually is. Anyway, here's my start......

This next one is a little ornament for Donna for her Stitching for a Cure project. The pattern was a freebie online, but for the life of me, I can't remember where I found it. I changed it up a little. It did have the "hope" in these letters then "for a cure" in small backstitched letters. I left the "for a cure" off and added some thin pink ribbon secured by tiny pink heart shaped buttons. I stitched it on 28ct white sparklie fabric. You can't see the sparklies in the pic, but I love the way it turned out!
Not alot going on lately. I'm really wishing summer would just get over! The heat has been unbearable lately! Hope everyone else is staying cool. Until next time, Hugs to all!


  1. I love your ornament! I also love the color of the fabric you are doing the halloween thing on - on my computer it looks blue but it still looks great!

  2. Congrats on your finish. The wip is looking good. Oh No! Summer needs to stay a long long time! But we have had below normal temps all the month of July.

  3. Cute start on a fun piece!
    and your "Hope" pillow is adorable! Congrats on your finish:) I'm sure Donna loves it!

  4. Great stitching - nice start and wonderful finish on your ornament!

  5. Your Hope ornament is lovely. Nice work.