Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Crazy Day 2 & 3-ish

Today is day 2 of the Crazy January Challenge....so for today I thought I'd do something BIG. I've had this chart in my stash for so long and it's called to me and called to me but I just never had the chance to start it. This was a free SAL sometime around 2008 or 2009...*I think* Here's a pic of kinda what it will look like....
And here's my little progress for today.....not much.
Now before you all go...why is THAT all the progress she made? Let me explain.....this project is VERY large. I've had to pull out my largest scroll frame just to keep the fabric out of my way so I can stitch. I've tried a hoop, a q snap and stitching in hand...nothing is comfortable for me with the size of this fabric. So on my largest scroll it went! Which is why there is such limited progress....the scroll frame is hard for me to hold and stitch. I do not have a stand for it. Just to give an idea of the size of this frame......here it is propped against a chair in my craft room. See what I mean by BIG?
And since I can only work on that project for about 15 minutes at a time because of the frame size, I decided to start something else too. I pulled out this little Lizzie Kate boxer.....
And here is my progress.....
Since I started 2 projects today I will NOT be starting another one tomorrow. I'll just continue to work on these two projects for day 3. Grand Marquoir is going to be a long time consuming project just because of the sheer size of it and until I can get a stand for my scroll frame I won't be able to work on it for long periods of time. I'm looking forward to seeing it progress as time goes on though.

Well, there's my day 2 for Crazy January! Happy Stitching everyone!

14 comments:

  1. That is a massive frame. I want the boxer..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah what a huge frame! I can't imagine holding it for even 15 minutes.

    I am getting of computer right now to do some stitching. Hubby and being sick interrupted stitching time earlier today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow After seeing that I think I'll continue to do mine the way it is, lol. Great thinking on starting 2 and continuing on them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what u mean by your large scroll frame. I have one for my HAED project. It is 43 inches wide. I have to sit on the floor to stitch, otherwise, it is too heavy for me to hold it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great start to your crazies, I cannot use a frame I always stitch in hand no matter how large the project = your frame is so big, you will have big muscles by the time you finish lolol. Love both of your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow it looks like someone has been a busy beaver looks great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowsers that is a big frame! Just FYI, my Lowry stand holds my Papillion Historic Countries Mystery and the Victoria Sampler ABC's both of which are that same size of frame if not a bit longer.

    The stitching looks great! I am off to work in about 40 minutes. I get to have yet another headache all day. I am not liking this new regimen of pills - ain't working! LOL!

    Chele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is big. Look forward to seeing the
    finished products. Good luck with the challenge.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy, that is a HUGE project! I hope you get a stand for it soon. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good idea to include day 3 with that MONSTER project, are you expecting to finish it this year?? It will be amazing when you finish, will look forward to seeing the finished object. Have you got a big enough wall to hang it??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the red and white, but can't imagine how awkward it would be to hold such a large frame. i always use a hoop and just roll the sides of my larger projects up around it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is huge. Great starts on both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with everyone here: that is a HUGE frame! Not sure if I could hold it for 15 mins, lol.

    Great start though, I wish you good luck with it, it's gonna look amazing when finished :)

    Helena

    ReplyDelete