Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Crazy January Day 5

Well day 5 of my crazy challenge did not go so well. I chose to start Bent Creek's "Snapperville".
I've had this in my stash for a long time and have been itching to start it. The fabric is a hand dyed 32 count and the charts with border is super long so I spent a good hour or two just counting out from the center of the fabric so I could find a good starting point. This one would just be too hard to start in the center. After finding my starting point I got on a pretty good roll with the stitching. Then I discovered I was off by two stitches at the beginning....Ack!
Spent another half hour picking out what I had stitched and now I'm at the part where I can start from where I messed up. Not much progress for me today since I had to frog so much, but I still think I'll enjoy working on this one.

Tomorrow I'm going to switch things up a bit and work on a UFO. I'm starting to feel super guilty about all these new starts and not working on one of the pieces I already have started. So my project for tomorrow will be "sex & chocolate"....I'll post before and after pics to show how much I get done tomorrow.
Until next time....Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

  1. It's a lovely project. Hoping the frogs stay away from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I tried to do 24 or better and boy

    i had frogs to, I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear about the frogging!
    I sure am enjoying your blogging.
    (please pardon the bad rhyme - ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sucks you had to frog. That's going to be cute when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great starts Mary! Since I have mine all planned out, I am not feeling too stressed. LOL!

    Chele

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks really cute! I'm sorry you had a froggy start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with sex & chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ick, frogging to start a new project is not fun. Also, I would never try to count out to that point to start something. I'd measure fabby size, and figure out how far in from the corner I should start!! (I don't count well sometimes...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh on the frogging. Cute piece though

    ReplyDelete